The Open Science Community Amsterdam (OSCA) with financial support from VU Amsterdam, HvA and UvA invites you to submit your project for the OSCAWARDS.
The award celebrates the many ways of contributing to open science and transparent research culture. Researchers, educators, support staff and students are invited to submit case studies describing their completed or ongoing projects, we particularly encourage contributions by teams.
We invite projects that fall within one of the following categories:
- Open access / Open data / Open materials / Open software
- Transparency / Metascience / Preregistration / Reproducibility
- Stakeholder involvement / Citizen science / Community engagement
- Open educational resources / Open education / Open online courses
We are welcoming both projects that explore the challenges as well as those that celebrate positive experiences and successful outcomes. We welcome projects concerning (1) implementation of open science policies and infrastructure within institutions, (2) the development of courses, seminars, and educational materials on open science, (3) research on open scientific practices, (4) preregistrations or registered reports, (5) student projects on open science, (6) critical discussions on open science. We encourage submissions of both ongoing and completed projects. In the project descriptions, we are welcoming honest assessments of advantages and disadvantages of working openly and transparently.
All submissions will be screened for eligibility by a jury. All eligible projects will receive an Open Research Award certificate. The jury will rank the submissions according to nominationsand the top 8 projects will receive a price of 200 EUR eur.
Please contact us, if you have any questions: email@example.com
The jury will judge entries based on their adherence to the following criteria:
- The project’s fit within the specified category
- The quality of the application
- The alignment of the project with open science values
- The project’s potential and implementation of knowledge exchange
Please note, it is required to include references to the work you describe in your project, for instance, the URL to the open educational materials, free software package, the preregistration/other scientific output etc. If it is not possible to provide references to your work, a justification is required which will be evaluated by the jury.
- Entries should be submitted using the application form. The closing date for applications is 15 December 2022, at 3 PM.
- Entries may be submitted as individuals or as teams. Team entries must be submitted by one named individual who will be the lead applicant for the entry.
- The applicant must be a researcher, support staff, educator, or student in one of the participating institutes and must be employed until at least 01 January 2023, the date of the award ceremony. For team entries, team members may include individuals from outside the Amsterdam institutions.
- The projects can be finished or ongoing in 2022 and did not finish earlier.
- The jury will screen submissions to make sure that they satisfy the eligibility requirements. All eligible submissions will receive a certificate of participation.
- The jury may, by majority vote, decide to determine a submission eligible in cases where strictly speaking the eligibility criteria are not met, but a convincing case has been made for which the current criteria were not foreseen or appropriate.
- Projects should describe the applicant’s completed or ongoing projects on open science.
NB: Ongoing projects should already have some sort of deliverable. That is, a project plan, or a project that just started is not eligible.
- Three award winners will be notified by 10 January 2023 and will be invited to give a short pitch of their project during the award ceremony event on XX January 2023 (TBA).
- Applicants must give permission to publish an edited version of the project description and to disseminate it via internal and external communication channels. Final versions of material will be submitted to the applicants for approval prior to publication. All eligible project descriptions will be published shortly after the event.
1,407 total views, 33 views today